Thursday, March 29, 2012

Shopping Cart

I haven't written a Product Review for a while now although I've been wanting to do so for months. But since at the time there was only one particular product I wanted to share, I figured I'd just wait until the list extends to at least two or three interesting discoveries. Finally, I have them :)


Baby Fever can be so cute and fun, I attest. Unless it is literally baby fever and we're talking about the child's temperature.

In Dubai I had found patches to stick on baby's forehead to help reduce the temperature. I cannot remember the brand and hubby could not find them when I asked him to bring us a couple of boxes to Lebanon.

So I checked for available alternatives in Beirut and found this magical treasure:

Photo Credit: R. Abouzeid

At an ungodly hour of emergency one night, I was happy to know Mazen Pharmacy in Corniche Al Mazraa would deliver the miracle patch right to my door.  

In a nutshell, Cool Aqua-Patch works almost immediately and effectively helps reduce fever. It is so much better than ice-cold water which Mia would constantly fight with all the strength her little body could muster.

It is now illegal for pharmacies to home-deliver in Lebanon, however Mazen Pharmacy will bring you any over-the-counter product 24/7, provided you purchase at least one item from Mazen Supermarket. Tel.: +9611300444 +9611313369 +9611313362.

My advice is to keep a couple of Cool Aqua-Patch boxes at home, at all times, in case of emergency.



-- WARNING --
The following text contains highly feminine content which may be graphic to some of the male population. It is intended to provide tips for mothers-to-be on post-delivery issues. 
You have been warned ;)
-- WARNING --



The other couple of products I'd like to introduce are actually two brands of the same article: maternity pads.

Before my first delivery, I was advised by the hospital nurses to purchase "Relax" a local brand by Sanita. I don't know if it's because they have some sort of arrangement with the company or if it is just because the local brands should be cheaper, and thus available to all patients alike. Or maybe "Relax" has just become synonymous with maternity pads in the same way Kleenex, Kotex and Panadol are colloquial synonyms for tissue paper, sanitary pads and paracetamol.

In any case, "Relax" did not relax me at all.

It was rather uncomfortable as the pads are too narrow although super thick, and the nurses advise to place two next to each other to cover the entire area.

This time again, I went to the hospital carrying my box of "Relax", not so happy at the idea I'd have to wear pads thicker than my baby's diapers and yet, not wide enough to do the job!

So you can imagine my joy when my pharmacist advised me to go for something else when I was (finally) out of "Relax". The first time, he gave me Euron© Micro:

Photo Credit: R. Abouzeid

Verdict: slim, yet wide enough to cover all the needed area. Perfect.

As I'm almost through needing pads, I went back asking for the same quality of product (pure cotton, no plastic filter or perfume) but smaller in size.

The pharmacist asked his assistant to bring the requested product, and I think there was some sort of misunderstanding because I ended up with exactly the same width and size as Euron© Micro:

Photo Credit: R. Abouzeid

After reading on the box "Odour Dry System" I suspected these were actually not maternity pads. I was not mistaken as it appears I was given a box of Helen Harper Incontinence Pads. A quick jump to Euron© Micro's site would confirm these too are in fact incontinence pads.

The result is the same: wide yet slim and absorbent. What else could one ask for, right?

So my advice is, if you're on your way to the hospital, in labour, put aside your pride and make sure you pack a box of "leaking" pads in your bag. Don't worry, that won't be the last or even the worst pride-robbing gesture you have to make for the sake of your child ;)



Mamma Mia

Find this blog on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment